Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daoist Organizing

Warmest greetings from the Berkeley Public Library, Please
appreciate that I just left an unscheduled meeting with the head of

the Berkeley men's shelter.  She has concluded that I have an
impossible situation, because I am rejecting senior housing because
at 63 years of age, I do not want to retire!  I also do not have
adequate money to rent a place, because I've been cultivating a
spiritual life for the past 40 years, and my social security
retirement check is too small since I oftentimes was not working
for an income (such as when I performed 23 years of voluntary
service work with Berkeley Catholic Worker and other groups like
Food Not Bombs).  She asked me what my plan is, considering that on

April 13th the winter shelter at the Oakland Army Base closes, and
I will be dropped off at a street corner in downtown Oakland at 6
A.M. to fend for myself.

     I stated that I am only interested in making use of my
considerable experience, and I belong on the frontlines of radical
environmentalism and peace & justice, and that it would be an
unimaginable waste to head for the shuffel board courts with others

over 60.  And besides, I am not going to creatively write more in
such an environment, because one gets grist for the literary mill
by being fully active on the earth plane.  Who the fuck wants to
read poetry or stories about dropping dead on the bocce ball court?
     I just received my social security retirement check, and am
presently able to relocate.  I am seeking a place to go to
initially, with others who have made the decision to continue being

fit instruments for spiritual direct action, in opposition to the
insanity of materialism.  It's that simple!  If this is your
determination as well, then please contact me immediately.  Do I
really need to clarify this any further?  What are we waiting for?

Craig Louis Stehr
Email: craigstehr@hushmail.com
Mailing address: c/o NOSCW, P.O. Box 11406, Berkeley, CA  94712-
2406
Blog: http://craiglstehr.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment