Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Newspaper Caper

Good morning everybody, Following the Berkeley Catholic Worker free
breakfast (which I've been helping to serve these past 23 years), the City of Berkeley monitor for the Berkeley Department of Mental Health spoke with me.  

She said that somebody, whom she will not
identify, told her that I was seen taking extra newspapers from a newspaper box and giving them away to the homeless.  I have decidedto publicly admit to this criminal offense!
I, Craig Louis Stehr, do publicly admit to having on occasion over
the past 23 years, deposited coins for the purpose of opening a
newspaper box, and then taking more than the one copy which I am
entitled to.  I did this in order to share the extra copies with
homeless people, who need to be informed of current events, which
is critical to their well being in society.

On Saturday April 13th, the winter shelter at the Oakland Army Base
will close, and I am being given a van ride to downtown Oakland to
fend for myself.  I am asking for social solidarity from others who

appreciate my spiritually based revolutionary politics.  I need a
place to go to Saturday night, and until the Spiritual Absolute
provides me with adequate survival circumstances, I will continue
to require social solidarity.  I have enough money and food stamps
to keep my physical/mental appearance alive.  Allow me to be clear
with everyone in postmodern America: I need a place to sleep at
night and would also appreciate the use of a shower, although I can
survive without one if I have to.  I am thanking you in advance for
your cooperation.

May you actually experience peace of heart, Craig Louis Stehr

Email: craigstehr@hushmail.com
Mailing address: c/o NOSCW, P.O. Box 11406, Berkeley, CA 94712-2406

No comments:

Post a Comment