Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paging Postmodern America

Warm greetings of bliss and transcendental joy, Please know that I
sent out over 300 email invitations asking others to join with me,
to form a caravan to go around the Washington D.C. beltway, to
deliver a strong spiritual message in response to the bogus
political atmosphere in D.C. which is permeating the earth plane
with its stench.

     Invitations were sent to the entire Earth First! international directory, the east coast Rising Tide groups, two spiritual groupings: Amma centers on the east coast, and the entire national directory of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.

I have thus far received no replies from anyone.

     One friend in Oakland suggests that my peeps are now retired
with family obligations, and that I need to get a job.  Maybe she
is correct about this.  The Harrison House shelter that I am at in
Berkeley believes so too.  What do you think?  Am I all done in
postmodern America in terms of radical activism/organizing, and
writin' about it?

     Give it to me straight. I want you to send me an email
response, because if it's over for me in postmodern America, I need
to know.  Otherwise, I get my social security retirement check on
Wednesday, and I will have enough money to travel; do you want to
get anything more from me or not?  The shelter in Berkeley wants to
know what my "future plans" are.  What do I tell them?

     I am game to return to the New York City/Washington D.C.
region, and will consider other possibilities as well, but you've
gotta give me indoor space; you know, to sleep and shower.  That's
sane, right?

      I am thanking you in advance for your taking the time to
consider this, and for giving me the courtesy of your reply.  I
look forward to hearing from you soon, Craig Louis Stehr

P.S. Please do not send me something stupid like suggesting that I
be an activist part-time; I am not interested in doing anything
that ridiculous.  After all, I could concentrate on getting more
money and returning to spiritual India, which would be a lot more
intelligent than some sort of jackass effort on my part here.

Craig Louis Stehr
Email: craigstehr@hushmail.com
Mailing address: c/o NOSCW, P.O. Box 11406, Berkeley, CA 94712-2406
Blog: http://craiglstehr.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment