Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy, Happy, Happy

New Year's Eve greetings my fellow Americans, Although I see no magic particularly in regard to the date of December 31st, I have nevertheless brought in a box of chocolates for the Piedmont House travel hostel in Berkeley. I look forward to taking rest at the relatively early hour of 10 pm but for the rest of the region, the BART train will run until 3AM.
    
I have not received any offers of solidarity on the east coast to return there, after continuously sending out messages stating that I am eager to get on an air plane, have some money, don't give a hoot about the annual winter weather, and am uncertain what to do about this.  

I don't think that a "fair weather radicalism" is going to work for me; since that would imply that there is not really any serious problem.  Indeed, I am not getting any favorable responses to return to the NYC-D.C. power strip for more front line activity against the insane idiocy which we have been collectively protesting against for around 50 years, for some of us, so I sit here tonight in front of the travel hostel computer, wondering just what I am going to do.

If you agree that this is insufferably stupid, go ahead and contact me.  I need to give the travel hostel two more weeks worth of money on Sunday if I wish to be here longer.  But then, I do not have any reason to be here any longer at all.  Maybe I just don't relate to postmodernism.

Happy New Year, Craig Louis Stehr

Craig Louis Stehr
EMAIL: CraigStehr@inbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment