Sunday, November 18, 2018

Message to Postmodern America


I have asked everyone to pray to God so that I receive adequate social living circumstances in Washington, D.C., which would allow me to continue being active on the peace & justice and radical environmental frontlines. 
 I have given up on networking to get a situation in Washington, D.C. because it just doesn't happen, no matter what. 

 Therefore, I am spending all of my time in Hawaii right now watching the mind. I am spending all of my time watching thoughts. I don't want to be attached to the miserable spectacle which postmodern America has become. I am biding my time in Hawaii, and am willing to leave here if I receive solidarity. 

 At the moment, I am receiving nothing, in spite of having been to Washington, D.C. 14 times since performing service work there in July of 1991 with Catholic Worker. It is incomprehensible to me that I am not being valued, having as I do, a significant record for activism and also creatively writing about it. 

 Again, I don't fully know what the hell is the matter with postmodern America. I think that my entire situation is weirder than fuck, and I am only interested in not being attached to any of it. Maybe I figured something out at last! 

 What do you think?

Craig Louis Stehr
November 18, 2018
Email: craiglouisstehr@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment