Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Man Centers Mind in Heart Chakra...Experiences Spiritual Unity...A Sober Friday Night...

       I am sending this out because I wish to inform everybody that the past two hours were spent on a porch in Redwood Valley, California managing the mind with understanding and love.  The usual barrage of disturbing thoughts were witnessed, particularly the ones about social alienation in postmodernism, the dangerous political global situation, the impossibility to realize a spiritual community for myself and moreso housing in Washington, D.C. so I could continue with peace & justice activism, the ecological problems worldwide, and the general psychological anxiety and discomfort which is common nowadays.  
       Sitting quietly on the porch sipping a cup of Tulsi tea, watching the 
thoughts and gently bringing the mind to its center in the heart chakra; two hours of doing this, while affirming that drinking alcoholic beverages is not the solution, has resulted in a deeper sense of spiritual unity.  Ultimately, the goal is permanent unity with the Holy Spirit, and the body-mind complex is the instrument for a higher will.  
       Of course I would love to be in Washington, D.C. with a supportive group permanently, and be a presence at the United Nations also, but it has not happened and I've no further idea what to do about this.  23 years volunteering with Catholic Worker did not result in a permanent situation for me in America.  Maybe Jesus Christ can explain.  
        In any case, tonight is being spent on a porch in Redwood Valley, California gently bringing the mind to the heart chakra.   My offer is always good to participate in peace & justice activities, but please, please, don't expect me to live in shelters, tents, and squats.  This body-mind complex is 69 and Jesus Christ doesn't want me to live on the edge anymore.  Besides, it just drives me to drink, and I quit yesterday

1 comment:

  1. The update is that on November 2nd I will be returning to The Magic Ranch in Redwood Valley,CA having successfully been at the Earth First! Media Center in Garberville, CA being supportive of climate justice efforts. The mind is now steady at its Source, watching thoughts disinterestedly, and having a pint of cold beer while watching game seven of the World Series is perfectly OK. ;-)))

    ReplyDelete