Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth, So Help Me God

Apparently progress is being made in my ongoing effort to remain alive on earth. While on the bus ride back to Garberville, adult protection services telephoned me at Andy Caffrey’s apartment. Whereas I had sent Southern Humboldt social services an email describing my homelessness and scant money situation, they responded. Andy did me a wonderful favor by detailing my honest life of activism, service work, and basic spiritual orientation. They responded that an increase in social security benefits would be wise. Also, that subsidized senior housing is remote, but a possible placement in a trailer park was mentioned. I am now spending my days walking back and forth from Garberville to Redway intensely watching the mind, and more importantly being focused at its Source. It’s true that the president of the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley once said to me that the Franciscans recognize that I have a “mystical charism”. Therefore, my behaviour is consistent with being a mystic. I fully understand that this is completely out of tune with the American experiment in freedom and democracy. So what? Does the Commander in Chief in Washington, D.C. watch his thoughts continuously, or have any idea whatsoever about their Source? Is he Self-realized? I am. I know exactly what I am as a result of a number of samadhic experiences lasting for hours, both here and in India. I know I know…”those who know don’t say…those who say don’t know”. Well, I know and I am saying it, so we might toss that bit of zen bullshit into the philosophical compost heap. And another thing, what the fuck am I supposed to do about the fact that I am an honest citizen in the American experiment in freedom and democracy? I mean, I’m not going to start pretending that I am mentally ill in order to get an increase in my social security benefits. Sure, I’ve enjoyed cold pints of beer and warm shots of scotch, but that doesn’t even come close to being an alcoholic. Not really. Indeed, I don’t even smoke. Andy Caffrey wants to know what I am doing to do if I run out of money at his place. I said that I would telephone Southern Humboldt social services and tell them that I am at risk and having an emergency, and that they should have me taken into custody. I mean, what else can I do at the moment? Anybody want to hire me as a “trimmer”? I’ve got a BA from the University of Arizona, class of 1971 in world literature (specializing in Saul Bellow), and a minor in economics specializing in the economics of poverty and discrimination with a specialty in low income housing issues. So, would anybody please set me up with a job in the emerging legal cannabis industry? Admittedly, I haven’t been stoned in decades, and do not plan to take it up, but I have no prejudice insofar as the usage of medical marijuana is concerned. I’m cool with it. So if you would like to cooperate with me becoming an economically productive member of the American society again, I want you to hire me. I mean, is this sane of me or what? And if you have any legal connections which of course I cannot pay for, go ahead and ask them to contact Adult Protective Services in Eureka and fast forward an increase of my measly $245 (which is left after deductions to pay for the Medicare Part B) an amount which is small, because I performed 23 years of selfless service with Catholic Worker which I did not get paid for, and all of the temp work through accounting agencies to keep me alive so that I could do that, I didn’t have to pay taxes on, so consequently my social security retirement benefit which I’ve been living on since age 62 eight years ago, amounts to less than what most Americans spend monthly on the pet dog). To say that Jesus Christ thinks that this is all seriously crazy is an understatement, but if you aren’t certain, why don’t you ask him? My 70th birthday is September 28th, and I’d like to get off of my friend Andy Caffrey’s couch, have some money beyond the grand that I have left, get at least a comfortable room to live in immediately, and thank you very much in getting involved in my situation. If you aren’t already convinced and interested in cooperating with me to advance my materialistic situation, then go ahead and ask directly for an opinion from God. You remember God, right? Check out what is on the back side of your cash. That’s what you trust in. Craig Louis Stehr, telephone messages c/o Andy Caffrey (707) 923-2114, and Email: craiglouisstehr@gmail.com and thank you very much for being my friend. It’s great, right? ;-) P.S. Have a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment