Saturday, September 14, 2019

Preparing for the Global Climate Justice Strike

Arrived Garberville on Greyhound. Cool breeze. Big moon. The Southern Humboldt office of social services has called Andy Caffrey’s place inquiring about my well being. They have requested that I arrange a telephone interview to discuss increasing my social security benefits. Also the possibility of receiving assistance to somehow move into one of the local trailer parks was brought up. Will continue playing LOTTO in the meantime. My current address is the living room couch at the Earth First! Media Center. Having achieved Self-realization decades ago, am focused on destroying the demonic and returning the world to righteousness. As I explained to Andy, I am not going to become any more Self-realized than I already am, so there is no need for me to personally be on earth any further. Therefore, what else is there to do but take down the demonic which have economically hijacked society and placed the planet earth at considerable risk environmentally? My friend Stevie Thomas recommends that I hang up my monkeywrench, go live at Amma’s ashram in San Ramon, focus the mind on the Self, and enjoy life for a change, all the way back to Godhead. Obviously, I’ve got a decision to make here, and this time my AVA online counselors cannot figure it all out for me. I’ll have to take a lengthy walk along the Eel River tomorrow morning and just wait for the necessary vision. I’m about due for one anyway. Have a good weekend, fellow poets. Witness the entirety of the apparent phenomenalogical spectacle, and revel in its inherent emptiness. P.S. When I was at Naropa Institute in the summer of 1977, studying poetry with Chogyam Trungpa, Alan Ginsberg sat next to me in our breakaway study group mulling over the “100,000 Songs of Milarepa”. I told him that following a particularly wild party at Marpa House, a woman who had been living in her car walked in and joined us, and decided that I was her lover, whereupon zen legend Loring Palmer let me have his room for a couple of weeks. Alan responded that Trungpa Rinpoche told him that hangovers were actually good for meditation students, because you directly experience the suffering and cannot just get away from it by daydreaming as usual. P.P.S. See y’all at the local Climate Justice Strike actions on September 20th, unless of course I hit LOTTO, and then we fly to Washington, D.C. for some serious mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment