Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Full Realization of the Inherent Emptiness of All Phenomena

Years ago, following my participation in a month long repentance at the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas in Talmage, California, (which featured reciting Buddhist chants in Chinese along with thirteen thousand bows), I asked Abbot Lau what his goal was. He said: "My goal is to allow the Dao to work through me without interference." Prior to this, in the summer of 1994 at the Shivananda Ashram in Muni-Ki-Reti, India, the long time secretary of the Divine Life Society, Swami Krishnananda told me that: "It is difficult not to identify with the body and the mind, because the body itself is a reflection of the Divine Absolute." He encouraged everyone to chant: "I'm not the body, I'm not the mind, Immortal Self I am!" The swami left his body using his will power, by going into mahasamadhi, which was videotaped and is available at Shivananda online. Swamiji even sent out invitations to be with him, and foretold the day and time of his "going up". Left the Building Bridges homeless shelter in Ukiah, California this morning and walked to the Ukiah Co-op, not identified with the body nor the mind. Gave the mind the panchakshara mantram Om Namah Shivaya to do. Following a caprese sandwich with coffee, ambled over to the Ukiah Public Library. Presently am sitting in front of computer #4 tap tap tapping away. If you haven't read it yet, check out the latest issue of The Economist, which predicts the year 2023. Why don't we just say that it is not "warm and fuzzy". The future on the planet earth is predicted to be one insane hell. My new year's resolution is to "let the Brahmic vrittis take over". ~Happy New Year~ Craig Louis Stehr Email: craiglouisstehr@gmail.com Telephone Messages: (707) 234-3270 Money!! Paypal.me/craiglouisstehr Snail Mail: P.O. Box 938, Redwood Valley, CA 95470 da blog: http://craiglstehr.blogspot.com 17.XII.'22

No comments:

Post a Comment