Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Update October 16, 2019 Garberville, CA/Southern Humboldt County USA

Middle of October as the autumn colors are bright along the Eel River.  Am continuing to pick up trash and recyclables along the 2 mile stretch of road that connects Garberville, CA and Redway, CA.  Following 40 of these mindful walks with trash bags, both sides of the connector road are spotless.  I have nothing else to do on earth at all!
        My eco-bodhisattva friend Andy Caffrey continues to host me at his apartment, and of course I contribute appropriately in terms of the basic necessities.  We wait for an opportunity to go forth into the larger world again, in response to global climate destabilization.  Meanwhile, Andy monitors the growing confusion in political Washington, D.C. on his digital computer screens, when not otherwise multi-tasking. 
         In my own case, it is all about being "spiritually available" for use as an instrument of a Higher Will.  I keep busy as best that I can, but the fact is that I have nothing important to do now in postmodern America.  Following my mindful walk to Redway, CA yesterday, I stopped into the popular Brass Rail for well deserved cold pints of Sierra Nevada's Hazy IPA, a warm shot of Red Breast scotch whiskey, chowed down nine shrimp tacos, and played the juke box while watching the professional baseball playoffs, in the company of a lively crowd of sports fans who were also celebrating a birthday.  Finished the evening sipping a silver tequila margarita and eating a Snickers candy bar. 
         Andy Caffrey picked me up, and we proceeded to Ray's supermarket whereupon I purchased for him ice cream and beer, to be enjoyed at the apartment while watching the Velvet Underground Redux Concert video.  As my eco-bodhisattva colleague drank responsibly and watched the music, I checked inboxes for crucial messages.  There weren't any.  And I wonder, why do I not have a critical social situation in postmodern America at this time?  [This body-mind complex is in satisfactory shape at age 70; the social security benefits plus Food Stamps are sufficient to keep it going.  I have more than enough medical coverage.  I am spiritually Self-realized.] 
         So I sit here at the Garberville, CA Public Library typing this networking message up to be sent out, because I refuse to do nothing and just be here watching the attractive Southern Humboldt county clouds overhead, between mindful walks picking up the local garbage and recyclables on the connector road.   I do not believe that the Divine Absolute (dualistically speaking) is so on permanent vacation, that this is all perfect.  I think that there is a problem here, and I do not believe it is with myself nor God. 
         I am willing to peacefully wait for two additional weeks until my social security benefits go into my bank account in early November.  I pray that the rest of postmodern America understands that it is not really possible for me to just do nothing for the remainder of this life, patiently being sane.  And while I am on the subject, thanks to everyone who did email me to inquire about my mental health.  Again, I am not an alcoholic.  I do go to sports bars spontaneously because it is often the only activity that makes any sense in the midst of my difficult to understand situation in postmodern America.  Lastly, I am playing LOTTO twice weekly (both Powerball and MegaMillions) in case God would like to get money to me, under which circumstances I will fly both myself and Andy Caffrey to Washington, D.C. to intervene in history.  I am also now attending Catholic Mass at Our Lady of the Redwoods, conveniently located one block from the Garberville, CA apartment, and I am praying for anything to happen which will move myself beyond the current circumstances of being "on hold" here on earth.
         If it is possible for me to reach anybody in postmodern America who can relate to the absurdity of my situation here, and who could actually do anything to get me into a productive activist situation, I ask you to go ahead and assist me in moving on, as soon as possible.  Let's face it, the political situation at the White House is somewhere between completely mad and the Twilight Zone.  Don't you think that we ought to consider a Divine Anarchist alternative?  I mean, if not now, when?  If not us, then who?  Thank you very much for your kind attention to my message.  I'm ready to get off of the couch at the Earth First! Media Center.  I think that I have been patient sufficiently, but there is a limit to even that, when patience itself becomes a questionable virtue.  ~Peaceout~

Craig Louis Stehr
Email: craiglouisstehr@gmail.com
Paypal.me/CraigLouisStehr
Telephone messages: (707) 923-2114
Blog: http://craiglstehr.blogspot.com
       

No comments:

Post a Comment